I first came across Safesip drinks covers on Facebook back in March of last year and was immediately intrigued. At the time we were desperately trying to transition BattleKid to a big boy’s cup as he was refusing beakers but he couldn’t get the hang of open cups at all. This seemed like it might be the answers to our prayers and I clicked through to the website to investigate further.
Safesip is the brain child of Melissa Edmunds. She came up with the idea of Safesip drinks covers while looking after her poorly father, who was in hospital trying to drink through straws at difficult angles, all with a clumsy second child at the same time.
Safesip is a reusable drinks cover that fits virtually any glass, mug, cup or can and is designed to keep drinks in to ensure
No more spills – ever!
Its revolutionary design ensures drinks are kept in and everything else out, which means it is hugely versatile and can be used by parents, children, campers, party guests, the elderly and disabled alike. Safesip drinks covers are made from food grade silicone and are BPA free. They are dishwasher, freezer and microwave safe and have been designed to fit both single and double handled mugs.
After seeing all these advantages, I ordered a quad pack and soon started using them at home at mealtimes. They quickly started being used on all open-topped drinking cups for BattleKid and he loved drinking his drinks through a straw. They also helped to relax both mum and dad significantly as we no longer had to help him with his drinks or tell him to be careful, meaning mealtimes became more relaxed in our house.
We then brought the Safesip drinks cover to Lanzarote in May and used it during all meals in the hotel restaurants. Now unfortunately they were no totally BattleKid-proof, with us having two spills of drinks due to him knocking his cup off the table but knocks onto the table did not result in drinks being spilled. At all other times it made for calmer meal times while on holiday and meant BattleKid felt a bit more independent too.
We continued to use it for several months afterwards, both at home and out and about, and gradually stopped using them as BattleKid has gotten better with open cups. Now I will say that we have large plastic wine glasses at home and the Safesip did not fit over these, coming away very quickly but it fit all other mugs, cups and plastic glasses we have at home. It actually worked best with BattleKid’s own open cups, so job done. The reason we tried it on the plastic wine glasses was that BattleKid went through a phase of only wanting the same drinking vessel as BattleDad and I so I had bought 3 picnic plastic wine glasses to use at home so he would have the same vessel as us. It had been working until spills became a problem.
What we loved about Safesip drinks covers:
- Reusable drinks cover.
- Ideal for toddler using open drinking vessels.
- British made from food grade silicon and is 100% BPA free.
- Dishwasher, freezer and microwave safe.
- Can be used by toddlers, party goers, campers, and the elderly and disabled alike.
- Comes in a range of colours which will appeal to anyone.
- Made for calmer meal times both at home and away.
- Great for holidays or days out.
- Helps toddlers gain independence from parents where drinks are concerned.
- Packs available with drinking straws, drinking jars and melamine rice cups.
What we didn’t like about Safesip drinks covers:
- Did not fit ALL our drinking vessels at home.
- Had two spillages on holiday so not completely child-proof but that was because the drink was toppled onto the ground, not just the table.
Overall I think Safesip drinks covers are a great way to help toddlers learn how to handle open drinking cups, mugs and glasses. It can help them gain some independence while keeping parents calmer during meal times knowing spills will be greatly reduces or even stopped. They are also versatile and can be used in a variety of other settings as they help to keep drinks in and everything else out!
Safesip drinks covers are available from the Safesip website and come separately or in drinks packs which can include straws and drinking vessels too, ranging in price from £4.00 for a single pack to £23 for a pack of 4 covers and cups. To see the full range available, please visit the Safesip shop website.
Have you tried them before? If not I have a chance for you to win a pack of 4 Safesip drinks cover and 4 cups too. Just follow the instructions in the widget below and good luck.
*I was not asked to write this review or host the giveaway.
Terms and conditions:
- One winner will win a pack of 4 Safesip drinks covers and cups.
- There is no cash alternative.
- The competition is open until Wednesday 3rd May 2017.
- The winner will be picked at random and notified within 5 days.
- Winner will receive their prize direct from me, BattleMum.
- Although this competition is broadcast on my Facebook page, it is in no way sponsored or endorsed by Facebook.