The thoughts of flying with babies and young toddlers can often be a daunting prospect for parents, especially if the flight is an overnight one or will be around nap time. Questions like “will they sleep?” and “how can we get them comfortable to help them nap?” will be whizzing around parents’ heads. Thankfully there is a great product on the market to quell those worries and questions. Enter – SkyBaby.
Creator Rachel Arvanitis is a regular traveller with her two daughters and, like many parents, found that flying with babies was not easy. She spent time looking for a product to help create a comfortable sleeping environment during flights, but couldn’t. Identifying a gap in the market along with her engineer husband Nico, she designed and manufactured a lightweight, practical travel mattress and first launched the product in 2012, the SkyBaby.
This innovative product provides the perfectly portable, compact, on-the-go baby bed. Easy to use within cramped airplanes and in busy airports, it provides a safe and comfortable place for babies and young toddlers to nap and sleep. Coming with a drawstring pouch which can be clipped externally to any bag, it can be easily folded into its storage bag when not in use.
The brand’s ingenious design
comforts the baby against the edge of the arms and lap and stops the excessive heat transfer. The integrated mattress, thick pillow section and wings hug the infant and because it works in conjunction with the plane’s loop belt, baby is both snug and secure.
SkyBaby is suitable to use with children from newborn through to two years old, depending on the size of the child and is fully washable too.
SkyBaby has been designed to take the stress out of travelling with tots. It also gives parents peace of mind that their baby will sleep comfortably wherever they fly in the world and with whichever airline they choose. So, it’s hardly surprising that savvy travellers around the globe have discovered the brand’s secret to success, with 1-2 babies every hour, every day flying somewhere around the world using SkyBaby!
I wish I’d known about SkyBaby before we started flying with our son when he was younger as he was awful on planes. He would never nap once he reached one years of age. And although we haven’t used it with our son, I would still recommend this product to those looking for a sleeping aid for babies and young toddlers for flying. Some of my fellow parent travel bloggers have used and reviewed SkyBaby, and to help you decide if it’s something you’d like to use with your little ones, their reviews can be read below:
Features of SkyBaby include
- Product dimensions: 560mm x 290mm (wings closed around baby); 560mm x 740 mm (wings open). Product weight: 0.3kg
- Suitable from 0+ years, the SkyBaby can be used for any baby who will lie comfortably in your lap. The product is 56cm long, which is roughly the width of the average airline seat.
- Unlike airline bassinets, which can be hired on some flights (e.g. long haul), SkyBaby is fully washable and can used again and again.
- SkyBaby doesn’t restrict where families can sit on an aircraft (as is the case with bassinets) – it works in any seat.
- Product information: sky-baby.co.uk/the-product
- Safety information: Passes: BS EN ISO: 12952: Part 1
- Link to the SkyBaby video on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/110724474
- SkyBaby has recently been featured in Mother and Baby magazine UK. Links to other press: http://sky-baby.co.uk/in-the-press/
The SkyBaby Travel Mattress is available price £29.99 from www.skybaby.co.uk and leading retailers including Amazon and JoJo Maman Bebe.
And for the best bit. SkyBaby are offering 3 of my readers the chance to win a SkyBaby of their own. To be in with a chance to win, simply follow the instructions in the widget below and good luck!
Terms and conditions:
- Open to my UK readers only.
- Three individual readers will win a SkyBaby.
- Winners will be asked to provide their postal details which I will pass onto the PR company. I will not hold your information for any other purpose and your details will be deleted from my inbox after one month.
- There is no cash alternative.
- Open from 12th September 2018 until 23.59pm on 26th September 2018.