Welcome back to Fearless Family Travel. It’s time to dust off those posts from your summer travels and link them up so we can see what you’ve all been up to while we’ve had a break.
What I’ve been up to
Our summer holidays did not get off to a great start. Unfortunately our trip to Ireland in August wasn’t the holiday we expected. We lost my Mum during our time in Ireland so it was a trip tinged with a lot of sadness.
However, we had one week after her funeral to try and enjoy ourselves so we headed to Waterford City before stopping in Kildare to catch up with family. I didn’t write up anything from our time in Ireland yet, nor did I post anything on Instagram.
Then, we had a week at home before we joined my hubby in London for a week and the boy and I packed it in. We visited, among others, the Tower of London, HMS Belfast and Shrek’s Adventure which was a lot of fun. It was just the tonic we all needed.
I’ve still got some much to share about our week in London and that’ll all be on the blog soon. Now that we’re back home we started getting ready for back-to-school, which happened last Friday. Portugal school holidays are very long.
The boy only has this week in school before we head off on another adventure, minus Dad this time, to Bluestone. I’ve lost count the number of times we’ve been and this will be our second visit as part of the Bluestone Blogger programme and I cannot wait. It hasn’t all be plain sailing with a certain blue low-cost airline cancelling our return flight to Portugal due to strike action but we’re making the most of it and will have a day to enjoy Bristol before returning home.
That’s my update for now, let’s get going with this week’s Fearless Family Travel. We cannot wait to read some more awesome travel posts.
Lonely Planet Competition
We are so excited to partner with Lonely Planet Kids for the Fearless Family Travel linky. Each fortnight we will select ONE winner from all of those who have linked up with their family travel post.
Link up your family travel post this week to be in with a chance of winning the Cities Activity book. In this activity book for urban explorers you can explore over 60 cities around the world .
The winner will be announced on 30th September, when Nicky from Go Live Young will be hosting. And please note that we can only post out the prize to those living in Europe.
Faves from last time
But, onto our regular monthly features. As always, with so many good posts linked up, it’s difficult to pick our favourites but my favourites from the last linky before we took our summer break were:
Places to Visit near Akureyri, Northern Iceland (Ladies What Travel)
Day Out in Denmark | Tour the Danish Royal Residence at Fredensborg Palace (Oregon Girl Around The World)
And the WINNER of the Lonely Planet
Atlas of Monsters and Ghosts is……. Oregon Girl Around The World!
And a huge thank you to all of you who have been tagging your Instagram photos with #fearlessfamtrav. We are featuring them weekly on our instastories every Tuesday, so keep tagging.
FEARLESS FAMILY TRAVEL #37 LINKY
#fearlessfamtrav is the place to come and link up all your favourite family travel posts. From days out to holidays, city trips to beach breaks, top tips,a ccommodation and product reviews. If it’s about family travel, them we want to hear about it!
- Link up ONE post – old or new.
- We have a brand new BADGE! Copy and paste the html (below) to the bottom of your blog post, or if badges aren’t your thing, just link back to passportsandadventures.com.
- Please share the linky love and comment on the two host posts and at least two others! Please add the #fearlessfamtrav hashtag to all comments!
- Tweet your links @wandermustfam @goliveyoung @passportadvntr along with the #fearlessfamtrav hashtag and we will retweet to all our followers.
- Tag your Instagram pics with #fearlessfamtrav to be selected and featured in our weekly round-up of favourites over on our instastories.
- Please follow me on all my social media channels as I’ll be sharing the posts on there too (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest). Leona has a #fearlessfamtrav Pinterest group so drop her a message to be invited!
- The Fearless Family Travel with go live every fortnight on a Monday and will stay open for four days.
- The winning Lonely Planet Kids book can only be posted to those living in Europe.
I can’t wait to read all your posts!
Remember that the next Fearless Family Travel will be hosted by Nicky at Go Live Young and will be live on 30th September.
<div style='width:100%;text-align:center;'><span style='margin:5px;padding:5px;border-radius: 5px;border:1px solid lightgrey;display:inline-block;'><a rel=_nofollow href='https://passportsandadventures.com'> <img style='border: 1px solid gray;width:200px;height:200px;' src='https://passportsandadventures.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Fearless-Family-Travel-logo.png'> <p style='align: center;'></p></a></span>